Entrepreneurial groundhog day is one of those things you can’t quite put your finger on.
Silent, sneaky and all-consuming, EGD creeps into our lives and slowly drains the passion from our businesses.
Days turn into weeks, weeks into months, months into… years.
Before you know it, that profitable lifestyle business you intended to create seems further away than ever.
Know the feeling?
What does EGD look like?
Do any, or all of the following resonate with you?
- Chained to your desk unable to disconnect from your laptop
- Always battling a never ending to-do list
- Starting your day before the sun and ending in pitch black
- Constantly reacting to a tsunami of emails
- Spending time on operational tasks instead of ones that will grow your business
- Know something has got to change, but you’ll get to that after…
Along with the physical signs, EGD is a feeling.
So what does entrepreneurial groundhog day feel like?
Everyone’s different, but generally speaking EGD might leave you feeling:
- Stuck in a never-ending rut
- Overwhelmed and alone
- Like you’re drowning in admin
- Like a prisoner of your email inbox
- Unable to spend time away from your business out of guilt
- Isolated from family and friends
- Discouraged and deflated
At times, entrepreneurial groundhog day can be crippling. It can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
The good news?
You will find your way out.
All you need is an Evacuation Plan.
With a few key entrepreneurial power tools, a dash of motivation and a whole lotta hard work, you can leave EGD far behind on your fearless female entrepreneurial journey.
If you feel like you’re stuck in entrepreneurial groundhog day and need a hand to pull you out, we’d love to invite you to our upcoming Doing Day in your city. A full day of DOING, prepare to get stuff done!
All images and graphics via GraceLever.com